Nelson Freire live in Toronto
Nelson Freire (piano)
Ray Thomson Hall, Toronto, Canada, 25 March 1984
During the nearly twenty years in which the great Brazilian pianist was away from the recording studios, these two magnificent recitals from 1984 were recorded live, with different programs. The first in Miami, at the Gusman Cultural Center, and the second in Toronto, at Roy Thomson Hall. The launch will take place on December 1st, during a recital by Nelson Freire at Sala Cecília Meireles, in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the concert hall in Rio de Janeiro that the pianist inaugurated on 12/1/1965. The repertoire of both recorded recitals includes works by Mozart, Schumann, Scriabin, Debussy, Villa-Lobos, Albéniz, Chopin and Rachmaninov. The booklet (in Portuguese, English and French) features unpublished text by Gilda Oswaldo Cruz, contributions by Tom Deacon and Ian Davies and unpublished photographs by the artist.
1. SONATA NO. 12 IN F MAJOR, K. 332- ALLEGRO
2. SONATA NO. 12 IN F MAJOR, K. 332- ADAGIO
3. SONATA NO. 12 IN F MAJOR, K. 332 - ALLEGRO ASSAI
4. FANTASY OP. 17 IN C MAJOR - DURCHAUS PHANTASTISCH
5. FANTASY OP. 17 IN C MAJOR - MASSIG - DURCHAUS ENER
6. FANTASY OP. 17 IN C MAJOR - LANGSAM GETRAGEN - DUR
7. SONATA NO. 4, OPUS 30 - ANDANTE - PRESTISSIMO VOLA
8. IMAGES - 'REFLETS DANS L'EAU'
9. IMAGES - 'POISSONS D'OR'
10. A LENDA DO CABOCLO
11. AS TRES MARIAS
12. IBERIA - EVOCACION
Sanctus Recordings CD